Sunday, December 7, 2008

One Year Ago Today...

...our lives were changed forever. I arrived in Guatemala to finish our journey in bringing Analise home. The past year has gone by SO fast. She is full of life and allows us to fulfill our dream of being parents.

I have never posted these pictures before. They hold the first few moments that our eyes met and our hearts bonded forever.

5 comments:

Deann said...

This post brought tears to my eyes. We are beyond happy for you. We also know the joys she has brought you, and will continue to bring you. We love you, all!!

Happily Ever After said...

So sweet! I can't imagine our lives without her.

Thanks, Analise, for making us an auntie and an uncle. We're going to return the favor very soon by making you a cousin!

We love you, and we're so glad that you're part of our family.

Auntie Amy and Uncle Steve

Melissa said...

Shannon,

As I was reflecting on my own "one year ago" I remembered that we traveled to and from Guatemala at the same time to get our daughters. Congratulations on this happy anniversary!

Melissa

Cameo said...

Isn't it amazing? Time goes by so fast and yet it seems like they've always been with us, doesn't it? So happy you have her home and are celebrating your SECOND Christmas with her home! YAY!!!! I was just looking at those pictures of when I first got Valentina forever too. I've never published them and probably never will, I understand why it took you a year to do that.

Reba said...

Such sweet pictures. I had forgotten you were a couple of weeks ahead of us...where did this year go? Yet it feels like he has always been here with us. Anyway, Analise has just blossomed with your love and care. Happy Homecoming Anniversary!