Sunday, August 24, 2008

I remember this day well

One year ago today I wept and wept. I remember it like it was yesterday. It was one of those times where you can still feel it deep down inside. The feeling you don't ever want to feel again.

I received a call from our agency saying we had been kicked out of PGN, again. We were heading towards our third stint in PGN. I know it doesn't compare to some but it was our life and our case. Things were starting to go downhill fast in Guatemala regarding adoption at that time. All I could do was cry and pray, and cry and pray. I allowed myself that day to mourn the 3 months I had already missed with Analise and the the upcoming 2 months of PGN.

I knew all would be well. See, God had made me a promise. Eight years he spoke to me in that still, small voice and said, "She's coming." That's all He said and that's all I had to hold onto. It was God's promise to me so I knew it wouldn't be broken.

Eight years ago, I was working and going to school full time. Eight years ago, Analise's birth mom was 12 years old. Even then, God knew. God knew what was in store for us and her birth mother. I think of and pray for her birth mother often.

Today, Analise turns 18mths. Our baby girl is 1 1/2 and growing too fast!! Her new words this week are juice and cracker. My heart swells with pride every time she discovers something new and looks at me with those big, brown eyes. I'm sure many of you know the feeling.

I remember this day well...because today I shared a hug and kiss with my beautiful little promise, Analise.

7 comments:

metromom said...

Aw...holding the promise in your hands is even sweeter when you've battled to get there. i am so happy for you!

You are an amazing momma...

Alleen said...

Amazing.... She is stunning.

Tricia said...

She is a beautiful little promise!!!

:)

Melts my heart!

Madelyn's Mommy said...

God is so good! I also held onto the promise that he would give me a child.

She is beautiful! And looks so happy.

Andrea

Farrah said...

WOW Shannon she is beautiful!!!

And getting so chuncky, She must be a good eater...Go Annalise!!

Cameo said...

Shannon, I don't know if you agree with this or not, but especially on your FFF post, Analise and Valentina look A LOT alike!!!! EM some info on her birth family if you want to, I would almost bet money they are related somehow. We don't have much info V's birth family but I would love to give it to you. Man, it's eerie looking at Analise's pics! It's almost like you posted V's pics! And yes, ANALISE is THAT beautiful!!!

Melissa said...

How sweet it is to be reminded of God's faithfulness everyday!