Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Not So Happy Morning...

This is not actually a pic from this morning but this is what she looked like.


She attended the Mother's Day Out program at the First Baptist Church in town. She was happy and playing when I left. I ended up getting a call around 30 minutes later. They said she was crying "real hard". So, I told them to try her bunny and her snacks. When I called 30 minutes later they said she was still crying. So, I headed down there. She wasn't crying but doing that I'm trying to catch my breath after a hard cry. You know? She was fine when I walked in and just reached for me.

I sat down and played with her and the other kids. She started to play and have fun. I also stayed for lunch. I wanted to help her get acclimated and if it helps that I am there then that is fine by me. We left after lunch and she came home and took a two hour nap.

Will she go back? Absolutely. After today, I realize she is still very young but also in need of social interaction. The only human interaction she has on a regular basis is Adam & I. I think it will be good for her.

My heart did melt though when I walked in, picked her up and held her close. She just sank into my arms. It was such a great reminder of how bonded we really are to each other...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh bless her heart she needs her nan nan i will just have to baby sit her and that way she doesnt have to go lol i love her outfit and the pic

Jill said...

Oh, that is so sweet. We are going through that with Mario right now.. he screams with anyone but us. Part of me feels sorry for the other people, but the other part feels good that he is finally bonded to us.

I just love the pics of her. I hope she is feeling better...


saline nose drops, warm baths, tylenol... that is all that worked for Mario.

Jill said...

Oh, that is so sweet. We are going through that with Mario right now.. he screams with anyone but us. Part of me feels sorry for the other people, but the other part feels good that he is finally bonded to us.

I just love the pics of her. I hope she is feeling better...


saline nose drops, warm baths, tylenol... that is all that worked for Mario.

Reba said...

It does get better...but it is sure heart wrenching at the time! I bet she was exhausted; she must have really missed you. Hopefully next time will be better for all of you!
Reba