Thursday, April 17, 2008

That's How We Roll


There have been lots of people ask me, "How do you do it?" Meaning, how do you do everything on your place with a 1 yr. old in tow. Well, this is how we do part of it. I pretty much just strap her in and go for it. She will sit right there beside me and mow grass for hours. Well, at least two hours. Yes, we have enough grass to mow for about 5 hours and that's with a 60 inch deck! She loves to look around, clap her hands and yell. It makes for great Mommy & Me time.


I have decided there are things we can't do with her. Like use the riding mower. Adam suggested using the sling to put her in but I think she is too big for it. She is about 23 lbs. now. Just a little more than my back can handle. I also can't do any weedeating. Adam usually mows while I weedeat so that's leaves her with no one. The solution, I have looked into a Mother's Day out program which would be for one day a week. She would be there for about 5 hours. I think she will love the interaction with other kids! We'll see. I go tomorrow to me with the Director and check things out.


As Tim Gunn, from Project Runway, says "Make It Work!" So, that's what we do. We take what we have and make it work!

PS-I'm not purposely holding out on the website. I just want to make it perfect before I post it!!!

5 comments:

Happily Ever After said...

It won't be long you can put some hand controls on that thing and let her mow the acerage.

Courtney said...

You are wonder woman !!!!!!! good for you. Whatever works. Courtney

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

Looks like Analise enjoys "helping" you!!

Too cute!!

Sharon

Farrah said...

Great that means I have to wait LONGER....Your killing me Shannon..I'm dying to know what you are up too...Well not dying but I really really wanna know!

You know I love you so it will be awesome whatever it is.

Madelyn's Mommy said...

Yea you can't put your life on hold you just make adjustments and keep on going.

And what wonderful adjustments they are!!!


Andrea